Canaston Oaks Covid-19 Re-opening Policy
At Canaston Oaks, we are continuously monitoring the development of the Welsh COVID-19 regulations. Our number one priority is the well-being, health and safety of our guests and team members.
In order to secure that, we have initiated procedures, and have plans and routines in place, so that both guests and team can feel safe when staying, working or visiting our accommodation or restaurant.
Our purpose at all times is to eliminate as far as possible the spread of COVID-19.
- Our team members are trained to handle situations that may occur and we have confidence in their abilities.
- Hygiene and cleanliness are our priority. We have strict hand hygiene policies for our team members before eating or preparing food and after using the bathroom. We also encourage guests to frequently wash their hands with soap and warm water.
Before you arrive
Guests will be required to confirm their good health and absence of symptoms of Coronavirus, and that any recent international travel conforms with quarantine guidelines, as a condition of their visit.
Before you arrive you will have received an email with an online registration form which must be completed. The email will also contain directions to your room where you will find the key in the door, ready for you.
All guests will be required to practise social distancing from other guests & staff.
- Clean hotel and restaurant areas with industrial sanitiser to reduce the risk of passing the infection on to other people and our staff will wear disposable or washing-up gloves to do this.
- Use a disposable cloth to disinfect these surfaces, paying close attention to frequently touched areas and surfaces, such as bathrooms, grab-rails in corridors and stairwells and door handles.
- Use disposable cloths or paper roll and clean mop heads, to clean all hard surfaces, floors, chairs, door handles and sanitary fittings.
- Avoid creating splashes and spray when cleaning. Used cloths and mop heads will be disposed of in waste bags.
Whilst you stay with us, our staff will not enter your room.
- If you require a change of towels or bedding, these must be place outside your door by 10am. We will then take them away & supply fresh ones for you, & leave them outside your door.
- Rubbish must be left in a sealed bag outside your door & spare bin liners will be left for you.
- Laundry will use the warmest water setting for staff uniform and them completely dry them.
We ensure staff are washing their hands regularly and sinks are stocked with anti-bacterial soap, paper towels and there is warm running water available. Hand washing times are:
- On arrival at work
- On entering any service area
- Before handling any food
- After touching anything that customer, staff or delivery drivers may have contaminated
- After touching hand contact surfaces such as handrails, door handles
- Always after using the toilet or going into the toilet areas
- After touching your face, sneezing or coughing.
In between ALL tasks
- After cleaning
- After using the toilet
- After smoking
- After handling and opening packaging, money, receipts and cleaning supplies
- After removing gloves and aprons and before putting on new one
- Any time your hands are contaminated
- After touching rubbish
Staff Social Distancing
It is extremely important our staff keep themselves and others safe. Staff will keep the recommended distance away from each other at all times, as people may be infected and not showing symptoms yet. We will ensure all of our team understand what is expected of them and make sure their working area is reviewed and rearranged if necessary to allow this to happen safely.
We will ensure the recommended distance rule applies at all times, in the kitchen, front of house, lunch and break times and monitor compliance.